“What is my optimal book promotion focus for time being – OPTION B-Pursue 2nd tier industry journals/newsletters until secure 10 published articles: using Option Solving?

Now I have considered my current key options, I’ve decided to go with OPTION B as above. It is now necessary to simplify that approach by ‘Peeling the Onion:’ that is, what other possibilities lie beneath the surface to accomplish this milestone as comfortably as possible. So it’s appropriate to reveal and consider available sub-options by asking another appropriate question.

This fresh question turned out to be: “OPTION B – Pursue 2nd tier industry journals/newsletters until  secure 10 published articles; considering 1) Tough to break in,  2) Already secured 4, 3) Potential assist from Lit Agent team, and  4) Helps to sustain interest with existing  potential ‘buyers’?” Again, I restricted myself to the four most apparent considerations that are likely to have the most impact on my optimum choice. By holding it to four, it reduces the complexity of my decision-making when the moment arrives: despite there being other possible considerations.

Again, it was appropriate to devise two apropos yin and yang “bookends,”as these will help keep my intuitive mind focused. Bookends such as these are vital for preventing our fertile intuitive minds from wandering and losing concentration. We are mostly unaware of how powerfully valuable but foot-loose our intuition can be unless we can keep it properly focused.   

The two bookends that immediately came to mind were: “Rely on Literary Agent to pursue”very limited assist,and “Hire Agency to Pursue,” lack of funding. You will note the italicized detractors associated with these least likely options. Even so, they would nudge my intuitive thinking into high gear – see ourLatest Worked Example.

It was then important to come up with at least five realistic options, although I came up with six within short order. I would  then pursue emotional distancing, which is a form of objective thinking, before making my choice sometime after that …perhaps after 2 hours, later in that day, or first thing the following morning. You can replace my proposed options with any of your own. You will note one of my options is: Option CC- Ensure 4-5 follow throughs with each Journal/Newsletter Editor.

In fact, I decided to sleep on the six options and then make a choice first thing the following morning. From there, I will either put together an action initiative, while things are still fresh, or pursue Peeling the Onion for further clarity of the way forward.

If you have an example of your own, please share it with this blogger, through the COMMENTS area or contact him at peter@ileadershipsolutions.com .  Thanks Option Solving. (NOTE: Our next posting will be in two week’s time: What is my optimal option for obtaining additional funding for a Special Book Promotion Campaign?” Let’s have your COMMENTS or go to peter@ileadershipsolutions.com to connect with the blogger. Also consider buying the book: “Smart Decisions: Goodbye Problems, Hello Options” through amazon.com)


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: